Authors must submit a two-page synopsis of their video no
The final deadline for video submissions is
- Synopsis of video (mandatory): a list of the main sections of the video with a sentence or two explaining what should be in that section. Still images can be add to illustrate key elements of a section. Maximum 2 pages.
- Preliminary video (optional): the first version of the video is not required but can help the reviewer in their reviewing process. See the video requirements for more information on format and content.
The 5 following files are mandatory:
- Final video (mpeg, mpg, mp4): See the video requirements below for more information on format and content.
Short paper (pdf): The two-page text summary of a video
contribution should provide an outline of the work presented, and
references to papers that provide more details about the work as
well as related work. The format of the short paper needs to
follow IEEE standards (please follow the directives in
this section with the
exception that the length of the paper should be no more than 2
pages. The content of the short paper must have:
- The title of the video, author names and affiliations
- A short abstract (approx. 200 words) describing the motivation of the video and how is it related to Robotics and Power Industry
- 3 to 5 key images of the video with a proper description of the context and the main elements of the image
- A reference list
- The extra space can be used to present more results that wouldn't fit in the context of a video (equations, graphs, etc.)
- Summary (txt): Describe in 5 sentences or less the contents or value of the extended object. This file helps IEEE Xplore users to make downloading decisions.
Readme (txt): IEEE requires a plain text Readme file for
multimedia contents. It must contain:
- An overall description of the objects
- Multimedia player information
- Author contact information
- Slide for conference digest (ppt): Each accepted submission must be accompanied by a single PowerPoint slide in the format described here.
- Duration: 1.5-3.0 min
- Format: mpeg 1 or mpeg 4
- Videos should not use special codes (coders/decoders) in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible. Only freely available players (e.g., QuickTime, RealPlayer, Microsoft Windows Media Player, MPlayer) should be required for viewing the video.
- The video must be self-contained and not connected with a paper accepted to CARPI 2012. We suggest the use of subtitles and/or narration to ease comprehension of the video.
- Contributions should not have a commercial pitch.
- The authors of each video must have the copyright of the audio and visual content.
- The title, conference name and author names should appear at the beginning of the video.